Wierd Squares After Render

Started by AP, August 22, 2015, 04:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

It is interesting that you mention an imitation of fluvial erosion because the fractal warp shader seems to have some significant power behind it. It seems to warp a fractal along multiple axis. I see potential of this node being improved somehow and expanded upon.

Dune

I use it all the time, it's a great asset. Reminds me of the temporary erosion fractal.

AP

What temporary erosion fractal?

Matt

Ulco is talking about alpha features again which he shouldn't talk about ;)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

Quote from: Chris on August 25, 2015, 03:14:28 AM
It is interesting that you mention an imitation of fluvial erosion because the fractal warp shader seems to have some significant power behind it. It seems to warp a fractal along multiple axis. I see potential of this node being improved somehow and expanded upon.

The Fractal Warp Shader looks most like erosion when on steep slopes like this, but on shallow slopes the features aren't stretched enough in the direction of the downhill slope to look like fluvial erosion. That's where we need a more sophisticated algorithm.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

AP

Quote from: Matt on August 25, 2015, 06:41:19 PM
Ulco is talking about alpha features again which he shouldn't talk about ;)

Matt

I'm telling Mom.    ;D

AP

Quote from: Matt on August 25, 2015, 06:45:38 PM
Quote from: Chris on August 25, 2015, 03:14:28 AM

The Fractal Warp Shader looks most like erosion when on steep slopes like this, but on shallow slopes the features aren't stretched enough in the direction of the downhill slope to look like fluvial erosion. That's where we need a more sophisticated algorithm.

Matt

Alight, the description certainly makes sense based on how i observed it working. Sophisticated algorithm indeed.

Dune

AP