disc object question

Started by archonforest, October 17, 2015, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Is there any way to give dimension to the disc object? Meaning I need a disc shape but I need a fat disc  :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

You mean you want a cylinder?

If that's the case, then no. But you can just import one, they're commonly available to create in other 3d apps and probably also available to download for free somewhere.

- Oshyan

archonforest

OKay thx for the data. Just realized that I can make one in PS 3d in seconds and then export it as object.  :)

Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on October 17, 2015, 03:20:43 PM
OKay thx for the data. Just realized that I can make one in PS 3d in seconds and then export it as object.  :)

there's an upgrade I wish I'd gotten when I had credit....my card's maxxed out till I die I fear....unless they raise my limit...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 17, 2015, 08:16:15 PM

there's an upgrade I wish I'd gotten when I had credit....my card's maxxed out till I die I fear....unless they raise my limit...

Yeah, especially when you see the 3Dvia plugin for their new 3D features. :( I need a better job.

archonforest

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 18, 2015, 02:45:17 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on October 17, 2015, 08:16:15 PM

Yeah, especially when you see the 3Dvia plugin for their new 3D features. :( I need a better job.

Well if this helps I do not own the software either but have an access to use it in the next office next to mine ::)

TheBadger

QuoteYeah, especially when you see the 3Dvia plugin for their new 3D features. :( I need a better job.

Hey,

What are you guys talking about? I stopped looking at PS when CC started. I have a cs6 set of apps. But maybe I should start looking at it again?

What kind of plug-ins would make it worth it?

Since the OP was solved, and you guys are talking about it anyway, just going to ask about it here.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on October 18, 2015, 05:03:50 PM
QuoteYeah, especially when you see the 3Dvia plugin for their new 3D features. :( I need a better job.

Hey,

What are you guys talking about? I stopped looking at PS when CC started. I have a cs6 set of apps. But maybe I should start looking at it again?

What kind of plug-ins would make it worth it?

Since the OP was solved, and you guys are talking about it anyway, just going to ask about it here.

http://www.photoshop.com/products/photoshop/3d
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

There's something in CS6 with 3D.

archonforest

to badger:
PS CS6 with 3D. I using it to create 3d objects(very basic) and then import them into TG. Like I got a logo flat art file and loaded into PS CS6. I gave some dimensions to the logo and saved it as.obj. Then I used that logo in TG with a glass shaders and rendered it for a friend who needed the logo in 3d.