Daddy's home! WIP (finished animation on page 8)

Started by Hannes, September 03, 2015, 04:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaedorg

Hannes before watching I thought it would be good.
But it is not good, it is Faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

You'll get my eternal respect for your terrific work and the 5 minutes of fun and laugh you just added to my life.

David

Oshyan

Hannes, if you want me to edit your first post here to link to the completed animation I'm happy to do so. Or you can just open a new topic for the completed work. :)

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thanks David!!

Quote from: Oshyan on October 28, 2015, 02:16:08 AM
Hannes, if you want me to edit your first post here to link to the completed animation I'm happy to do so. Or you can just open a new topic for the completed work. :)

- Oshyan

Oh yes, that editing would be great. I would have done this, if it was possible. Maybe just something like "finished animation on page 8"?

DocCharly65

Hallo Hannes,

ich muß einfach noch mal ganz persönlich zu dem kleinen Meisterwerk gratulieren (in einer Sprache, in der ich wirklich vorwiegend verstehe was ich schreibe ;)

Eine kleine Anerkennung:
[attachimg=1]

Selbst die etwas geringere Auflösung macht so gut wie gar nichts aus. Hier sieht es prächtig auf dem Monitor aus. Und ich werde bestimmt noch den ein oder anderen Fan für Dich gewinnen. Ein paar enge Freunde, die mich teils beratend teils einfach nur staunend bei meinem Projekt begleiten, werden mit Sicherheit über deinen Big Daddy ganz begeistert sein.

Möchte gar nicht wissen, wie lange das ganze Projekt dauerte. Und die Vertonung hat ja nun offensichtlich perfekt geklappt.

Das (wie ich verstanden habe) nicht wirklich festgeschriebene Script war in jedem Fall super.
Hut ab und viel Glück mit allen folgenden Projekten!

Der Nils

PS: Button 9 muß an mir vorbeigegangen sein... Ich mußte zwar schmunzeln, weil da selbst ohne einen Hintergrund zu verstehen gigantischer Humor dahintersteckt, aber wenn noch etwas Terragen-spezifisches tiefer dahinter steckt, bräuchte ich eine Erklärung ... TG3 Insider - oder habe ich in irgend einer der SF-Film Vorlagen was verpasst?

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Nils! :) :) :)
I answered you in an e-mail.

Maybe the strange "button 9"-phenomenon is not familiar to everyone here. It was a funny button in some versions of Terragen Classic, that did absolutely nothing  ;D
Cool feature. I want that back!!!!

otakar

Enjoyable. Though I was expecting a feature length movie after your build-up (just kidding). Close up DV with the reflections on the helmet is pretty cool. The ship coming up over the camera as well of course. Nice sound editing too.

And I do have a script, but no movie yet... :)

Hannes

Thanks for editing, Oshyan!!

Thanks, Otakar! It took me almost ten minutes to realize that "DV" means Darth Vader. :-[ (it does, doesn't it?)  ;)

otakar

Yeah sorry for the abbreviation. I am not even a Star Wars fan, so no idea if it's legit :)

Still waiting for a Trek Terragen movie (actually built that one into my script).... Live long and prosper!

dorianvan

Nice work! The movement in the flying scenes was super!
-Dorian

Hannes

Thanks Dorian. Animating objects in TG is still challenging!

Nacer Eddine

wow, very good job, is TG can do that ? wow
with animation !!! wow
my problem now is between iclone and TG, HD animation with TG need a long time
but if i combined TG with iclone i think i can make a long HD  video (my be 1 hour or more)

TheBadger

QuoteI didn't want to set it on YouTube or Vimeo, because the quality there is not very good.

I think that you can do something about that can't you? Premium or something?

Anyway, you should get it out there, man! Kinda cool to do all that work just for you and us. But the internets won't look kindly on the hoarding when they find out ;D

Besides, I really do want to see how many views it can get between the time that you post it, and say one year from now.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Hmmmm...
sounds tempting! :)

But there's another thing that kept me from putting it on Youtube or other video host sites. I don't know how this little movie would work for someone, who doesn't know anything about TG or CG at all. Would it still be funny?
However, I guess, there's only one way to find out. I'll do some research!

Hannes

TheBadger

QuoteBut there's another thing that kept me from putting it on Youtube or other video host sites. I don't know how this little movie would work for someone, who doesn't know anything about TG or CG at all. Would it still be funny?

Well, I don't know anything about TG, CG, or star wars, and I found it to be funny.  ;D
It has been eaten.