test colour not showing

Started by Kevin F, November 19, 2015, 07:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

If you apply a test colour to a surface and use the altitude constraints in the shader tab the colour doesn't show. You have to change to say the render tab to get it to appear. If you then return to the shader tab it disappears again.

Dune

If you use the top buttons to switch between terrain, shaders, light, render, the preview changes its prevalence. Otherwise I see no problem.

Kevin F

Yes that's what I'm doing. I don't remember having to change to a different button to get the preview to show the test colour. It means that you have to change backwards and forwards between views to see the effect you apply. Why is the preview not updated on the hoof in the shader view?

Kevin F

Scrap that! My mistake. ;D  It's not the top buttons but the smaller row beneath that I need to change! Just going senile!

Dune

I just read an article that it's best to be very kind to senile people, make them feel good, and you have a good time  ;) ;D

Kevin F

Well your kindness is making me feel very good! :)  Let's both have a good time. An all too precious thing in these days of crazy people.

Dune

bobbystahr

Glad I'm not the only one blessed with"seniors moments"
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist