Playing with Daniils erosion

Started by Mahnmut, January 11, 2016, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnmut

Just trying out Daniils erosion, thats a great contribution to realism, Thanks a lot!

And it even works on "Bumpmaps" (image map displacements), that means on my Mars! that´s a great step towards the procedural medium detail that I  have been striving for for some time now!

Cheers,
J

DocCharly65

The 2nd and 3rd with red atmosphere could really look like being on Mars! cool!

TheBadger

Really nice. And thanks for posting that before and after. I am on OS X so I can't play with the plugin yet. :(
It has been eaten.

Mahnmut

Thanks!

what got me interested most is that the terrain I tried it on in the fourth image is actually olympus mons, made with the same image map displacement I use for all my Mars- images. It didn´t seem to work with the Mola-map shader, wich cannot be rotated with the planet as far as I know, so a square around 0/0/0 wouldn´t show much anyway. I really hope that in future versions the erosion can be applied more flexibly (it´s fantastic as it is, but just for my very special aproach of a whole Mars it´s not yet useful)
But let´s see where it goes.
Until then, I´ll experiment with smaller pieces.

Cheers,
J

bobbystahr

Can't wait for your next Mars render man...the comparison is very encouraging I agree.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Mahnmut

Thanks to Daniil,
Mars is melting fast:

Cheers,
J

bobbystahr

whew.  is it getting warmer or is it just my screen, hee hee hee...Good one...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Very nice results. Add a load of stones and some fine dirt and you are good to go.

DocCharly65

Must be a methan lake on one of the jupiters moons... Yes!
Cool!