Great an Update!

Started by Buzzzzz, August 31, 2007, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzzzz

Question?  I just ran the check for update through the TG preferences. I said it was available so I downloaded it from there. So you don't need to send me an email if you don't want to. My question is : should I un-install the previous version before installing the update or do I install over the previous version? I think I un-install but not sure.

Will

yea great news, I hope it will be out soon or non-registered members. I'm still saving for that license.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Buzzzzz

Nevermind, I just answered my own question. Un-install before installing the new one.  ;D

Moose

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Buzzzzz

Quote from: calico on August 31, 2007, 04:06:24 PM
Groovinesses.   ;D

Don't think they use that word anymore.  ;)

AndyWelder

A GREAT update!
The optical improvements are great; now I can see a  group fullscreen, this makes it so much easier to connect shaders and move them around without the risk of messing up things.
And love the render view window!

Great work team!!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

rustysven

Great update, things have speeded up now  :D

Harvey Birdman

I haven't evaluated speed yet, but stability with function-generated terrain is much better. I had a couple tgd's that were mathematically/conceptually correct but I couldn't render before. Now they have no trouble.

Dark Fire

Quote from: Will on August 31, 2007, 02:41:11 PM
yea great news, I hope it will be out soon or non-registered members. I'm still saving for that license.
Same here. There are a lot of handy-looking changes in the new update...

Buzzzzz

Oops! Forgot to say Thanks Planetside Team.  :)

Mr_Lamppost

Fantabulous!

A new update just when I am working overtime and weekends, all my TG projects are on hold, there are just not quite enough hours in the day under normal circumstances. 

Anyhow I am just about to install the update.  Eating and sleeping are overrated   ;D

P.S.  Many thanks to all at Planetside; your hard work is appreciated.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

rcallicotte

I like the two icons at the bottom about errors and warnings.  How helpful!  I like the speed of the interface.  It's much quicker.  The render's are coming out crisper...from what I can see, without getting too excited and dreaming stuff up.   :D  Soft Sha-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-dows.  And it looks like Fake Stones render differently and I believe that must mean better.  Right?

<basking in the loveliness of Render City with arms behind head>

;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mogn

Thanks for the new update  8) 8) 8) :D

Harvey Birdman

Hey guys -

Just wanted to reiterate my compliments on the new update. It's a hell of a lot more stable, faster, and much more pleasant to work with. Good work.

;) ;D