Terragen Opens and Closes

Started by WAS, February 15, 2016, 08:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

So I got some new RAM that was made for my motherboard by Off-tek. They assured me it was 100% compatible with my board and specifically designed for it. It works great, boots, runs games, movies, but when I launch Terragen, it simply doesn't launch! I see the task start, but then it just disappears. The only thing done was swapping RAM, so I am incredibly confused.

archonforest

If you put back the old ones then TG works?
Perhaps a simple TG reinstall can help.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

How strange. Terragen doesn't care what RAM you have, but it *may* somehow be stressing/using the RAM in a way that other things you have tried just don't do? I would try a memory test (memtest86+), or a stress test like Prime95 to see if it's a more general issue.

- Oshyan

WAS

Seems to be a stick loaded, that is not functioning. They offered to replace it free of charge. Considering I was opening TG by clicking on projects using the erosion shader, it probably was trying to offload into that bad card. Opening via the icon works, but it crashes doing just about anything.

AP

It happens. At least they offered to replace the RAM. It's good for business reputation.

archonforest

Good that it solved and you will have replacement :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

Terragen the RAM tester  :P  :)

Good that you found the problem.