What is going on?

Started by N-drju, February 22, 2016, 02:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Hey,

Did you get that strange "anti-spam" message too when logging in to the forums?  :-\
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

N-drju

The same goes for the terragen.org...

[attach=1]

Soooo... like, I'm not me? :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I don't know very much about this, but I heard the complaint of Terragen.org before. Maybe the software of the site is outdated. How about your software? Browser up to date?

N-drju

I'm using latest versions of Firefox. Yesterday I tried to download some objects from terragen.org but instead got a page with lots of gibberish...

However, it was today that I get this message BOTH on terragen.org and here before I log into forums.

Not sure, but to me this looks like one of these phoney anti-virus software advertisements... ::) But I think guys at Planetside should take a stance here to clear up the confusion...

Dune

I just had a look myself, and it doesn't work properly indeed, even froze the browser for a while. Better to stay away, I'd say.

Oshyan

It's deliberate and nothing to worry about. It's related to our anti-spam system (used on both sites, but terragen.org is not officially affiliated with Planetside Software). Usually you won't see it but if you have an IP address that has had suspicious activity reported on it then it can happen sometimes. Some people have IPs randomly assigned to them by their Internet provider and occasionally it can cause this problem. Just fill out the form and you should get access.

The warning message(s) on Terragen.org are unrelated. They're also not a security threat, but they do cause problems with the site that I hope to fix in time.

- Oshyan