Need some input

Started by yossam, February 15, 2016, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Kinda got an ultimatum from my Dr. today..............get off my feet or I might not have them to get off of. Such cheery news on the day after Valentines. Anyway, I would like your advice, opinions, etc., concerning the best remote access software. What I have in mind is running TG on my desktop and controlling it with a laptop. It is either that or give up on my so called art..............not ready to do that right now.  ???

Thanks in advance.............you could throw in a recommendation for a good laptop if you feel like it.  ;)

Or if you know of any cross platform...........iOS to PC.  ::)

Upon Infinity

Dune

I symphatize with you, Richard, but no nothing about this, so can't help you. Take good care of yourself!

Upon Infinity

Oshyan mentioned in the thread TeamViewer, which is what I've been using lately.  There should be an iOS version as well. I use it both on my tablet and cellphone to access the same computer.

Oshyan

If you're going to use TeamViewer or any other similar approach, you'll want to run the same resolution on the laptop as you do on the desktop and then go fullscreen. That will give you the closest to "native" experience, and over a LAN there should be minimal delay. If you have Professional versions of Windows, the built-in Remote Desktop connection is actually one of the highest quality, closest to "native" experiences you can get...

- Oshyan

otakar

I used Teamviewer, had those resolution issues Oshyan described, but otherwise a solid product. Windows Remote desktop is probably superior if you have access to that. In either case you will be limited by your bandwith. With a fast connection it should be a decent experience, however. Good luck on your mentioned health issues!

yossam

I have had a few issues with TeamViewer, but I'm running on Ipad Pro and trying to control my pc. Some things work correctly others don't. Gonna have to get a laptop I guess. Any recommendations ?

archonforest

Perhaps cheaper that u install a Windows on your MAC and get a cheaper laptop(cheaper than a MAC Book or something) and go like that?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Sorry to hear about the health concerns but at our age they seem inevitable...wish I had some advice re: the computing access but can barely operate one at a time heh heh...semi ludite here...still prefer analog music as in from a guitar not a speaker.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

Actually using the Chrome Remote Desktop...................works pretty well so far.  ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on March 15, 2016, 03:40:30 PM
Actually using the Chrome Remote Desktop...................works pretty well so far.  ;D

Good to know as my time is coming but it may have to be voice activated as well as my hands are giving me the most problems...At least I could keep writing music if my hands go south on me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist