00_lounge

Started by bobbystahr, March 07, 2016, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I've had this naked lounge for like for ever and nada worked with it till I got the Salon Lounge w Carpet and Plant from Rendo freestuff today.
I had the 'asian lamp' already as well as the overstuffed armchair already and the door to the room was missing so I reverse engineered a Chinese Double Door into a single on and made a stained glass window for it. The lounge windows were one object but you can split objects in Deep Ex so I did and had my way with the windows. This is a 2 hour test render, bigger higher one cooking but feel free to comment...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You're very good at internal lighting. It looks cosy and very stuffy at the same time, but nice!

DocCharly65

This is very nice and has interesting light!

Now I am waiting for the 24h final render  ;D ;)

bobbystahr

In hour 8 of the final for this one as I get ready to retire after an unusual late Monday nite out...maybe in the morning this will be done and I can get back to Red Sky's render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 08, 2016, 01:44:06 AM
You're very good at internal lighting. It looks cosy and very stuffy at the same time, but nice!

Guilty as charged, I freely admit to enjoying doing interior scenes as TG does them so well and when I was career oriented(and for some actual spare cash over the years) architectural rendering was a target of mine. Now it's a pleasant past time for a retired old fart. Fills in the time nicely when my music muse is absent from my life....it happens time to time....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Does look very nice.  Don't think of terragen as an indoor lighting scheme but you obviously make it work.
Nit: maybe the reclining couch could use some wood texturing instead gray boards?

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on March 08, 2016, 05:02:28 AM

Nit: maybe the reclining couch could use some wood texturing instead gray boards?

Thanks and I agree but kept forgetting to change it as it was a small item in my brain; but with the final 8+ hours into it's render I'll have to consider this (the final to be posted tomorrow) a success as a lighting and stained glass test only as I've other fish to fry once the room is rendered.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

fleetwood

Nice feeling with the soft lights. Maybe something with curves instead of that kind of harsh rectangular grill area. It's the only thing that looks a little odd.

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on March 08, 2016, 08:40:07 AM
Nice feeling with the soft lights. Maybe something with curves instead of that kind of harsh rectangular grill area. It's the only thing that looks a little odd.
That came with the model, stream radiators hid behind that. Think I'll leave it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Added some clouds so you'd notice the dirt film I got on the clear windows. Before it just looked like unsuccessful tramsparency. Slightly changed the view.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

otakar

Nice! I like the light a lot, but the outside view distracts me. Looks like a sunny day, so maybe more of the daylight should make it inside? The windows look darkened, which does not really fit this scene (I would expect clear windows in this house, even if dirty :) ), but maybe it's just me. Or possibly have the camera not face the windows directly? Really cool models, though, especially that wrinkled carpet...

fleetwood

Nit pick - the chair in the right hand corner  - stuck inside the wall or an odd chair ?.

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on March 08, 2016, 12:41:57 PM
Nit pick - the chair in the right hand corner  - stuck inside the wall or an odd chair ?.

It's actually in an alcove, an odd room to be sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: otakar on March 08, 2016, 11:15:39 AM
Nice! I like the light a lot, but the outside view distracts me. Looks like a sunny day, so maybe more of the daylight should make it inside? The windows look darkened, which does not really fit this scene (I would expect clear windows in this house, even if dirty :) ), but maybe it's just me. Or possibly have the camera not face the windows directly? Really cool models, though, especially that wrinkled carpet...

Actually it's quite overcast, a comparison shows a 1/3rd darker room in the final; and we'll agree to disagree re: the dirty windows as that's kinda how mine are cuz I didn't get to cleaning the outsides last fall, heh heh heh. Yeah that carpet rocks, came with the lounge and plant from renderosity freestuff. I like the wrinkled ness you can see in the screen grab I posted in reply to fleetwood's comment. Gonna use it again some where else for sure but am making a worn out map with alpha holes here and there as carpets like that which I run into tend to be thread bare for the most part.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New