Boolean operators

Started by Harvey Birdman, September 09, 2007, 11:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

Hi, jo (or BB or anyone else) -

Didn't you post a short description of the 3 new boolean nodes in a forum discussion somewhere? I thought I'd seen something but I can't find it. Maybe it was my imagination.

In lieu of full-blown node documentation pages, could you post just a sentence or two summarizing their behavior? I'm afraid I can't figuure it out from the names.

::)   :)

jo

Hi Harvey,

I have a vague feeling I did, but I'm not sure where. I will try and write something up for the node reference today.

Regards,

Jo

Harvey Birdman

That's be great, Jo. I have a feeling I could have used one or two in the Pie Filter clip but I couldn't figure them out from the names so I made do with the old conditionals.

Yeah, I could have sworn I saw something but I searched yours and BB's conversations on the subject and didn't see anything.

And by the way, is 'Length to Scalar' a new one or had I just missed it? My 'North Face' clip could do with a rework - I manually calculated vector lengths.  (D'oh!!)

:D

bigben

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on September 09, 2007, 07:24:12 PM

And by the way, is 'Length to Scalar' a new one or had I just missed it? My 'North Face' clip could do with a rework - I manually calculated vector lengths.  (D'oh!!)

I remember mention of the features in a conversation but I couldn't find it either.  Length to scalar isn't listed in the update so we must have missed it  ;).... Step is another useful one. Documentation added by Jo shortly after the previous boolean node discussion. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1621.0

Length to scalar should also simply your spherical "pie slice"

mogn

About length to scalar: If you feed the output from a vector to a nodeinput which expects a scalar, the length to scalar is automatical applied.
If you apply a scalar to a "length to scalar" you calculate sqrt(3)*abs(scalar).

jo

Hi Harvey,

I've added pages for the Boolean NOT scalar, Scalar to Boolean scalar and Conditional Boolean scalar to the node reference. Unfortunately it seems not to be displaying all the nodes at the moment, but hopefully that can be sorted out.

Regards,

Jo

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: jo on September 10, 2007, 07:05:36 AM
Unfortunately it seems not to be displaying all the nodes at the moment, but hopefully that can be sorted out.

Regards,

Jo

Yeah, I'd just noticed the list cut off at 'Populator'.  I was about to post a question about that.

Thanks for the docs, guy.

;D