links and images gone?

Started by Dune, August 28, 2016, 02:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

What happened to a lot of older images and links in posts? I used the search function to find something, but all is just text.
Like here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,4857.0.html

Maybe it's just the one and he has taken out his own work...

Oshyan

I can say that with that specific person and thread, he was always linking to his own images off-site, i.e. not hosted on the Planetside Forums server. It appears the images were taken down on the other server. That's one of the problems with not using Attachments here and hosting off-site. Here we archive pretty much forever, but many other sites do not.

The same is true of Jack/Wetbanana's stuff in another thread. He hosted the images off-site and now they've been taken down or have expired.

It's a shame, Chinaski was showing some very cool stuff. He last posted in 2014! Although he has at least logged-on to the forums this year, back in May... Perhaps he'll come back some day. Maybe TG4 will inspire him. :D

- Oshyan

Dune

Thanks Oshyan. Yeah, he had some nice stuff. So had others who don't show up anymore.

N-drju

The same goes for Martin a.k.a. dandelO. A very creative user! Unfortunately for some reason he deleted all of his work here and his small webpage is no longer as well. :( Do you by any chance know what happened to this stuff?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Kadri

Quote from: N-drju on October 03, 2016, 03:50:15 AM
The same goes for Martin a.k.a. dandelO. A very creative user! Unfortunately for some reason he deleted all of his work here and his small webpage is no longer as well. :( Do you by any chance know what happened to this stuff?

Martin deleted his account and many posts 5 years or so ago after he had an argument with another user.
He begun then posting again. But in the last years he comes only from time to time here unfortunately.

N-drju

Hm, his last post is from December last year if I remember right. It's a pity that it turned so ugly... He helped me out on some occassions and I used many of his clip files in my renders. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Kadri

Yeah wish he was here around. He isn't even on Facebook anymore i think.