Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

well, I tried to use Voronoi cells -criss-crossing eachother  as a displace, and it looks amazing!
Also , this cliff shader I just put together makes the base terragen terrain look great:)

Jo Kariboo

Many of your images are very interesting. My preferences go for clouds 12-15 and wm dessert 12.  :)

Dune

One question not answered is about warping. I noticed in your network you use the 'get position', replace that by a 'get position in texture' and you can warp.

DocCharly65

Martin

Quote from: Dune on December 05, 2016, 01:50:16 AM
One question not answered is about warping. I noticed in your network you use the 'get position', replace that by a 'get position in texture' and you can warp.

Ah Thank you! It would've taken forever to find that out jut by myself!

Martin

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on December 05, 2016, 12:18:19 AM
Many of your images are very interesting. My preferences go for clouds 12-15 and wm dessert 12.  :)

Thanks! I try to make them interesting:)
Ive studied geology, and now I'm a freelance artist so Terragen is a dream come true really :P

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Martin

A few more renders. The merge highest thing with the fake stones sadly messed up thing and the typical 30 minute render became 6 hours. I'm organising the node network in that scene right now with groups .

DocCharly65

One better as the next... very good results!

Kadri

By the way your images do look a little on the dark side (no pun intended).
Is there any postwork?

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on December 05, 2016, 01:07:08 PM

Is there any postwork?

ON some of them yes-I have to convert the tiff files to jpg-s so I can psot them here.But mostly brightening...I use terragen's tone map sliders -I usually put the contrast higher than 0.5 and I lower the gamma to 2, or 1.9, as I like using denser haze- it gives a nice light effect, and makes most of the pictures more realistic but also more washed out colours.

Maybe my big monitor is a little bright compared to others. My laptop was dark and a bit bluish...So I know that sometimes what looks nice here, it looks dark or over-saturated etc on another computer.

Kadri

Quote from: Martin on December 05, 2016, 01:11:36 PM

Is there any postwork?

ON some of them yes-I have to convert the tiff files to jpg-s so I can psot them here.But mostly brightening...I use terragen's tone map sliders -I usually put the contrast higher than 0.5 and I lower the gamma to 2, or 1.9, as I like using denser haze- it gives a nice light effect, and makes most of the pictures more realistic but also more washed out colours.

Maybe my big monitor is a little bright compared to others. My laptop was dark and a bit bluish...So I know that sometimes what looks nice here, it looks dark or over-saturated etc on another computer.

My monitor is bright too i think. But still your images look dark to me. Subjective too of course.
I export as EXR and postwork on them later mostly.

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on December 05, 2016, 01:18:16 PM
Quote from: Martin on December 05, 2016, 01:11:36 PM

Is there any postwork?

My monitor is bright too i think. But still your images look dark to me. Subjective too of course.
I export as EXR and postwork on them later mostly.

hmm, I will try to render slightly brighter images then. Also is there a way to save EXR files in the demo version?

I organised the Mossy rock scene nodes. I mean kind of.:)

Kadri

Hmm not sure but only the professional version i think:
https://planetside.co.uk/terragen-product-comparison/

Don't know if there is a difference in the demo version or free version.
Have a look at the render saving options.

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on December 05, 2016, 01:46:30 PM

Hmm not sure but only the professional version i think:
https://planetside.co.uk/terragen-product-comparison/

Don't know if there is a difference in the demo version or free version.
Have a look at the render saving options.

Oh well, not even the creative version is enough for that. Well I don't think I can afford buying the professional version for...just my art stuff.