saving bug

Started by Seth, September 14, 2007, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

i don't know what's wrong, i kept saving my WIP and when i tried to load it i get "Parse error at line 848: not well-formed (invalid token)" , and it's not even the good WIp that's open, plus almost all the node are disconnected... any idea ?

too bad, i lost this render  :-\

found what's wrong (partially) : i saved on an old tgd that i didn't use anymore => File/Save as... then i cliked on the name of the file. result : no save, or the error message...

rcallicotte

Render looks good.

So what's wrong?  Can you share the TGD?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

the problem is : the tgd was not saved correctly.
when i load it, i got the error message plus it is not the good tgd, but another one with all the node disconnected...

rcallicotte

Do you get the error message any more?

How did the nodes all get disconnected and are they still disconnected?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jo

Hi,

Hi seth93,

What often causes this problem is using non-English characters, or accented English characters, in names in the file. It's usually file paths, but it could also be node names. If you want to try and fix it yourself, you can open the file in a text editor and try and find and fix the problematic characters yourself. The .TGD files are just XML, so they can be edited fairly easily by hand.

If you don't want to try and fix it yourself, can you please send me the file you are having problems with, the one which gives you the "Parse error at line 848: not well-formed (invalid token)" error? You can email it to me directly at :

jomeder@planetside.co.uk

Regards,

Jo

Seth

thank you very much !!! i send you the file !

Lucio

I've had the same problem (and exactly the same error message - line 848) with a TGD some month ago, using version 1.8.64.0