Vortex shader on the water.

Started by icarus51, January 03, 2017, 05:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus51

Hi all, Happy New Year.

Please a favour. Does someone remember as the vortex shader must be put (in node network) for making effect on the water? Thanks in advance.
Greetings.

Dune

If you displace your water by say a pf, you can add the vortex after that, and it will vortex the displacement. Without displacement it doesn't do anything, see it as a kind of warper. So if you want a bathtubdrain-kind-of effect, add displacement by using a circular very soft simple shader that masks a perlin noise and also displaces down, then the vortex....

icarus51

Hi Ulco,

Many thanks for your explanation. It's for this reason that i didn't manage to get this effect in my rendering. I was wrong the whole procedure :(.
Greetings.

Dune

You're welcome. Do post the result, if possible.

icarus51

Hello,

Some files for Vortex shader. I'm still trying to understand. These are some tests.
Ciao.

Dune

bobbystahr

Yup, you've got it now...keep on tweakin
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

René

You might want to create some clouds so there is something to reflect on the water.
Maybe this will help:

Hannes

Yes, looks great!!! René, reminds me of Pirates Of The Caribbean, don't remember which part.

René

Hannes

bobbystahr

Quote from: René on January 13, 2017, 04:52:23 AM
You might want to create some clouds so there is something to reflect on the water.
Maybe this will help:

I found that as well when I made my 'caught in the whirlpool' image right after we got this shader.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist