Another shrub tested

Started by Dune, March 02, 2017, 02:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

He posted your image so I think he  is great with it.

Dune

Yes, he asked me if that was allright after I mailed him, and I of course said yes. He makes great work, and snoops around here too, though I don't have a clue whether he uses TG at all.

Final of The Lagoon (windingstairs) is now running for 5 hours @3000px wide. Looks good so far (nice and crips  ;)). I'm going to make another one like it. There's another painter that I admire too, Arnold Böcklin. I might do something similar to his work...

luvsmuzik

I did not mean to be demanding, but I know when one takes the time and effort to do something and then shares it with others they are eager to see how that effort is used. Your work was so outstanding I thought you should show it. :)

Dune

You're absolutely right.

So here's a few more of my paintings. I think I'll pick one of these (some good, some less) to make in 3D, whilst waiting for the big commissions to get finalized. Practice, practice, practice.....

luvsmuzik

A person could spend days studying these :) I particularly like the Neptunus last fling, just because I am a "water" person. I can see this one with all the TG cloud effects on the waves. In the old days we had to simulate a splash with a masked jpg...my how things have changed!
Wonderful images!

dorianvan

That last one is Alma-Tadema-esqe. All nice though.
-Dorian

René

'Morning at Cypress Lake' is my favorite. You're a very talented painter that's for certain, ever thought of going back to traditional media?
I wonder if they will come into their own by recreating them in 3D.  :)

Dune

Thanks. I'm a bit fed up with painting, so I'm not going back (not soon anyway). And they won't be the same at all in 3D, but at least I won't get headaches from the oils  :P In oils, I used to add vague patches and layers for more mysterious areas, and that's hardly possible in 3D; everything is there in crisp detail, and the light and composition should do the work.

archonforest

I just love your oil paintings. Stunning artwork!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

Amazing talent and diversification of styles 

zaxxon

Thank you for sharing some of your archives Ulco. I can appreciate you moving on from oil to digital media; your artistic temperment has changed as well (to my mind at least) from suggestions of the surreal, to a more illustrative focus. Perhaps that's why I have enjoyed your 'recreation' in these last images of some prior themes so much. Beautiful work.

Dune

Thanks again, guys. I really need to do more 'ART' than illustration-like work, and this might be the way. Get some of my ideas across in a digital way.
As you may have noticed in the painting 'poet's guest', there's two worlds. A good number of my paintings were about that; past, present and future, and the wall with the mural of a different world was to emphasize that unpassable border between now, then and time to come. The guy is staring at those stairs like he wants to go back, but he can't....

bobbystahr

Quote from: dorianvan on March 09, 2017, 04:49:54 PM

I agree, and here's a link for the unfamiliar:
http://www.alma-tadema.org/the-complete-works.html
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 10, 2017, 12:32:55 PM

I agree, and here's a link for the unfamiliar:
http://www.alma-tadema.org/the-complete-works.html

Seeing that name, I just had to check that out too. We had an Alma a ways back in the family. Then exploring the works, I see a favorite flower was Oleander, which was also a family name. I am now convinced all of my ancient relatives were witches or something. :) Few of them graduated from grammar school, so it must have been those penny postcards sold back in the day.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 10, 2017, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on March 10, 2017, 12:32:55 PM
We had an Alma a ways back in the family.

The only Alma I know is a Filipino woman.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist