Fake Stones Glitch

Started by NWsenior07, September 17, 2007, 12:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsenior07

I'm working on a scene with fake stones distributed throughout the scene in the Deep version. The stones themselves work fine but I continue to get an artifact in the atmo everytime I render the image. I've posted the .tgd so if someone would take a look and see whats going on (is it TG or a file thing?) and give me some suggestions that would be great.

Kevin F

Hi, I've rendered it (without the TGO's and image file) and it was still there, I then moved the camera slightly higher and it disappeared.
I think you had the camera slightly under the terrain.
Hope this works for you!
Regards
Kevin.

NWsenior07

I tried to raise the camera but that didn't work either. I'm wondering if the fake stones are causing the glitch in this version. I never had this problem in the older version. I don't remember if I had the fake stones included in the .tgd I uploaded but if not I'd like to see what the results are if the stones are above 1.5 or 2 in size.

Volker Harun

I have not the possibility to make a testrender. But the height above surface is about 12m. At first sight.

Looking at the nodes of the crack-function, I am amazed by the delicate use of scale.
Everything is calm - displacements of -0.5 to 1.0.

The Warping-The-Cracks node has a displacement of 30. I am not sure if it works only lateral. I rather guess that it goes vertical, too.
In other words you might be sitting within a displacement.

Reducing the warper's displacement 5 should be fine.

Just a guess.
Volker

Oshyan

I agree with Volker, it appears to be the extreme displacement on the fake stones that is causing the problem.

- Oshyan