Out on the wiley, windy moors...

Started by Ethrieltd, August 10, 2017, 03:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethrieltd

Tree from Xfrog (AL16 English Oak)

Bokeh and other effects from Photoshop

Dune

I like the top half. Very nice sky, tree and the rocks on that mountain work really well. But I'd change the foreground; at least group the rocks, they're spaced out very evenly.

mhaze

DannyG

I would lighten up a bit on the postwork. I think the same effects just at lower values would be much clearer and still have that surreal effect
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

dorianvan

Nice work. Group the rocks more and make some taller grasses around in place, then it would be really nice work ;)
-Dorian

Oshyan

I find it rather over-sharpened (look at the halos around the mountain edge and the tree edges), but otherwise it's a nice image.

- Oshyan

archonforest

Great mood. Agreed with the mentioned changes. Good start.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Ethrieltd

Quote from: Oshyan on August 11, 2017, 03:23:42 PM
I find it rather over-sharpened (look at the halos around the mountain edge and the tree edges), but otherwise it's a nice image.

- Oshyan

Yeah, some of the mountain is REALLY sharp. I did notice that.

Rocks are a fake stones test, and do need a bit of playing with, I do think I go a bit far with Photoshop sometimes too it's a thing I have...

luvsmuzik

I love the displacement in your stones and agree masking would improve your scene. Back lighting is very difficult for me, but this is great! Wonderful cloud coverage!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ethrieltd on August 11, 2017, 04:31:41 PM
Quote from: Oshyan on August 11, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

- Oshyan

Yeah, some of the mountain is REALLY sharp. I did notice that.

Rocks are a fake stones test, and do need a bit of playing with, I do think I go a bit far with Photoshop sometimes too it's a thing I have...

for breaking up the fake stones I generally use a colour disabled Surface layer  with the stones in the Child input and break them up with the Fractal break up in the Coverage/Breakup tab
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

There's a mask input in the stones as well, so then you can choose which ones to distribute where, separately.

Ethrieltd

Thanks for the advice, will look into using these techniques. Never have before...