Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Those high numbers are leftovers from many tests mostly and are probably not needed.
But until i have to use different numbers absolutely, i leave them as they are.
No need to change different options unnecessarily.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 22, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
A doodle how I tried to achieve the sinkhole levels effect.

That's a cool workflow...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Quote from: Martin on August 22, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
A doodle how I tried to achieve the sinkhole levels effect.

A well laid out workflow, no doubt.

Martin

Well, the strata shader helped with the spikes, but it's still not what I wanted to achieve.I'll experiment with the warp shader instead.
Also- time to revisit the pre-Cambrian era.

Martin

Little strata experiments with warp shaders. Though I prefer making strata like features manually, with the fractal shader, it feels more natural(at least to me).

Martin

Oh yeah, I used some cell noise displacement variation on these cliffs, they look better and more natural than the simple strata- warp shader version.
Also slightly different versions, which one is better?

Kadri

First one looks good to me (i mean from the last two images). I like the rocks.

Martin

I see! Thanks, I couldn't decide which contrast and colour values are better.
Here's more.

Martin

Had a little displacement error...but I found it to be pretty interesting.

Martin

Renders from yesterday.

Tangled-Universe

Haha geez Martin, did I say before you are prolific? :D
Some really nice experiments here, I especially like some of your vertical rock displacement work.
I was wondering about the mist_arizona render how you actually achieved that dark grey atmo without affecting your terrain and lighting on it?

Cheers,
Martin

Martin

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on August 25, 2017, 04:30:27 AM
Haha geez Martin, did I say before you are prolific? :D
Some really nice experiments here, I especially like some of your vertical rock displacement work.
I was wondering about the mist_arizona render how you actually achieved that dark grey atmo without affecting your terrain and lighting on it?

Cheers,
Martin
Oh thank you haha :D
It's actually just haze. Dense, dark haze. I like using darker haze to make the sky look more realistic, its too bright for me using the base settings.

Tried to render the polar martian icecap using the node network from the previous scene, well it crashed after 8 hours. Ugh.

bobbystahr

" well it crashed after 8 hours. Ugh."

Damn; and you had some awesome ice happening as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Martin on August 25, 2017, 07:51:06 AM

It's actually just haze. Dense, dark haze. I like using darker haze to make the sky look more realistic, its too bright for me using the base settings.

You mean you just used the haze of the atmosphere node and not a cloud layer to simulate the haze?

Martin

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on August 25, 2017, 11:38:30 AM
Quote from: Martin on August 25, 2017, 07:51:06 AM

You mean you just used the haze of the atmosphere node and not a cloud layer to simulate the haze?

Yes just the basic atmospheric haze.High density(5 ,12, or even 40) And a dark colour.  For example, a colourful atmosphere(blue, orange etc) With a dark, greyish dense haze can produce some really nice  realistic results.(Kind of simulates dust in the atmosphere. Dust is dark, and blocks sunlight ,so a dark haze works for that.)