Alpine Squall

Started by fleetwood, September 09, 2017, 10:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Simple one. Alpine fractal, a couple snow layers, rcallicotte's "storm brewing" fractal and seed, updated and tweaked to use a V3 cloud. As an experiment set GI in clouds to still/high.
24 hour render.

bobbystahr

Strangely awesome clouds, nice adaptation. The snow worked a treat didn't it...fine image over all.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Great great mood and lights here. Very nice shot.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Terrific piece. The light is wonderful, so are the clouds.

zaxxon

Great sense of drama and mood in a simple composition, nicely done.

fleetwood

Denis Sirenko

Cool atmosphere! On the clouds a wonderful light, too. But they are somehow strange in form. As if slightly stretched vertically. Is this an artistic decision or an accident?

fleetwood

Thanks,
The fractal has no stretched scales, but naturally seems to have storm and virga like features, so I guess what you see is both an extra chaotic look of that fractal and then an artistic choice as to densities and where to locate it, using the transform shader. Again, the fractal was found and shared by rcallicotte as already having good stormy qualities.

Tangled-Universe

Very dramatic, I like it!

I think it's the warp setting in the cloud fractal which causes the stretching or...well...the warp :)

Denis Sirenko

I understood.

Tangled-Universe, I have the same suspicion.

Probably I was confused that the small forms of the clouds are stretched in the same direction and scale as the large ones. The brain perceives this as a general mechanical stretching.

Dune

A separate warper would give more control.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

otakar