Surprise Spherical

Started by bobbystahr, October 01, 2017, 11:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Actually the first render is the most promising one. ;) It looks spooky, especially with the swamp house being "broken" like that and the surroundings. Perhaps you can play around with two versions?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Well  N-drju I think based on this 9 hr render that I'll do no more with this leafy version as it keeps blowing up like this and I've no idea why. Here's the last render I'll do.....sigh...there are no lights or luminous objects in the scene...have no idea what's causing this...
Moving on now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 01, 2017, 12:18:05 PM
Quote from: Dune on October 01, 2017, 12:10:05 PM
Cool.

Thanks 'twas a pleasant surprise in the spherical viewer and further spurs me on to do it properly...

heh heh, guess I should have stayed with the skeletal version as I still like it best....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Bobby, I think this might have to do with the leaves on the tree.

I get same effect (though not as invasive) when using XFrog Amarylis. Usually, there is a flare lighting up on some flowers due to high reflectivity settings of the petals. Did you try to reduce it? Play with the texture?

I think this has to do with the tree object itself. There is no reason for TG to blow renders like that.

Anyway, this just proves the idea that there is something otherworldly going on in that mysterious cottage. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on October 05, 2017, 11:38:52 AM
Bobby, I think this might have to do with the leaves on the tree.

I get same effect (though not as invasive) when using XFrog Amarylis. Usually, there is a flare lighting up on some flowers due to high reflectivity settings of the petals. Did you try to reduce it? Play with the texture?

I think this has to do with the tree object itself. There is no reason for TG to blow renders like that.

Anyway, this just proves the idea that there is something otherworldly going on in that mysterious cottage. :D

The trees have no reflectivity, nor any specular(set to 0) and I set all trees to the same specs so I'm lost here...as I said...moving on I guess...much more to try

You may well be right about the house heh heh...if anyone wants to dissect this I could post the .tgd...all the objects are free either from here, XFROG or NWDA  for Dune's grasses. I did use some paid version Walli grasses in the swamp though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

I had a thought that it might be my Mist Cloud layer so I disabled that and now the tree right behind the house blows up and some light appears at both sides...sigh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New