Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

I continue to be distracted by the semi-random blurring/DoF effect, but these are otherwise excellent scenes. A great mix of other-worldly and believable results, which can be hard to accomplish.

- Oshyan

Martin

I just feel I have to counteract the sharpness of terragen's renders.
More variations.

Martin

The rest of the renders. Been playing with the textures.

luvsmuzik

What beauty! Really outstanding! It is truly like you have an artist's brush on some of those textures, but the detail is even better!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on December 05, 2017, 12:13:27 AM
More variations.

Have you tried the softer render option?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 05, 2017, 11:47:10 AM
More variations.

What do you mean by "softer render option"?

More renders:

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on December 05, 2017, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on December 05, 2017, 11:47:10 AM
More variations.

What do you mean by "softer render option"?

More renders:

In Render on the Filters Tab there's a drop down with Narrow Cubic as the default, maybe try Cubic B-Spline.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Bobby beat me to it, heh. It's funny too because some people over-*sharpen* their renders. So some people think TG is too soft, but some think it's too sharp. Interesting.

Anyway, furalandnear.jpg is really great, and FURALANDFELHOS.jpg is truly spectacular.

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on December 06, 2017, 01:18:31 AM
Bobby beat me to it, heh. It's funny too because some people over-*sharpen* their renders. So some people think TG is too soft, but some think it's too sharp. Interesting.

Anyway, furalandnear.jpg is really great, and FURALANDFELHOS.jpg is truly spectacular.

- Oshyan
I know! I found the old threads about people trying to find ways to sharpen the renders. Obviously it's subjective.
I love creating this "picture made by a freshly landed rover on an exoplanet" kind of not too sharp, kind of natural images.

I'll try the other aa algorithms after the current render finishes. These last few ones took more than 7 hours.
I made two volcano renders yesterday, sadly it didn't turn out as good as I imagined so that's that.

bobbystahr

Like those volcanos, have you tried using the Classic Erosion masks for lava flow?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 06, 2017, 01:57:47 AM
Like those volcanos, have you tried using the Classic Erosion masks for lava flow?
I wanted more control this time, so I used only the hand painted shader. But the whole thing ended up less interesting as I planned so I don't think I will work on it any further.

luvsmuzik

I was thinking you had another lava series, it must not be in this post. Do you have a showcase gallery? As always great stuff!

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 06, 2017, 07:37:30 AM
I was thinking you had another lava series, it must not be in this post. Do you have a showcase gallery? As always great stuff!
I made several lava themed pictures, but those only had lava lakes etc, not a volcano with lava fountains etc.
I have many pictures posted on my artstation, but not all, as I made several hundred tg renders these past few years:S

Martin

More renders.
I made a new alien structure in zbrush, and tried the softer render option, I like it:)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on December 06, 2017, 07:55:11 AM
More renders.
I made a new alien structure in zbrush, and tried the softer render option, I like it:)

Very nice, happy that was useful info...cool renders...again.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New