Dune's cliff

Started by Dune, January 17, 2018, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I just keep on posting ideas and trials, but may come up with something very different in the end. So; another setup.

Too bad the fractal warp can't be controlled by altitude (at least I didn't get it to work).

Hannes

The lower part looks great, but the upper part of the mountain somehow looks a bit like creamed. Is this accidental or is the snow distributed differently?

Dune

No, it's just a trial, and I attempted to give the top a soft snowy look, but the fractal warper can't be restricted to altitude. I also added some strata, but that didn't come out well either. Just a trial, I'll keep on messing  ;) But yes, snow is distributed differently too; lower by displacement intersection, top by slope only.

Hannes

Ah OK, Ulco. Keep on trying! :)

Dune

I did  ;)

zaxxon

It's always fun to watch you push the possible in TG!

AndyWelder

The last one is not a winner unless at a humor contest...  ;D
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

cyphyr

Oh that is very "Ice Age". Nice one :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I see a human head looking up into the sky.  The nose is a little small, but I think you might be able to see it.  ;)

bobbystahr

Looking awesome...love that snow!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

another one.

Hannes

A great sense of scale! Some minor crit: to me the top looks a bit too evenly covered in snow. As if it was painted. Shouldn't there be some spots without snow?

Dune

I could do that (and I might), but sometimes you see tops that are completely just all snow. Like this.

I need a free skier  ;)

Hannes