Group Node Capture issue

Started by WAS, June 02, 2018, 07:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Not always, but sometimes when you assign a node, that is within a internal node network, to a shader outside of this network (like in your normal shader group), all the shaders leading up to the assigned shader, and it itself, will be uncaptured from internal networks shader groups. Little bizarre. Easily fixed by "Capture Nodes" from the group in question, just thought it was odd. Keep getting startled by a lot of white borders when returning to internal node networks time to time xD

Oshyan

Does this have anything to do with the "node name collision" issue? I.e. node names are no longer forced to be unique...

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Oshyan on June 03, 2018, 04:48:52 PM
Does this have anything to do with the "node name collision" issue? I.e. node names are no longer forced to be unique...

- Oshyan
Just curious if final saved versions of a file may act quirky if file is reopened? Should we go back and do name specifics if not already done?

Oshyan

Yes, it can cause issues in some situations even with saved files that used to work. But I don't think there's much point in going back and checking things for such issues. Just be aware of it when you load older scenes in TG3 and if you get broken connections, examine the TGD file in a text editor for duplicate names.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on June 03, 2018, 04:48:52 PM

- Oshyan

I uniquely name everything, so no. Right down to auto-genned breakup shaders, etc.

Matt

Could you send us a file where it happens or where you think it's likely to happen again?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Sent an email to support with it attached.

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.