Cracks & Tension Fractures

Started by WAS, June 10, 2018, 10:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Thanks to AP for the idea, translated to mainly basic (Well I guess they're more complex shaders, just familiar) shaders.

You can play with the fractalizing scales, as well as the translation (basically seed of each scale of tension cracks), and scale of tension cracks, as well as their masks. I used Gamma at 0.5 to create a more gradual falloff in the masks.

Everything is located in the internal node network of "Cracks & Tension Fractures by WASasquatch"

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Cool and coincidentally I'm doing a pic atm that needed a crack map and I painted one quite similar in Photoshop but this will be way better, thanks.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 12, 2018, 01:11:22 AM
Cool and coincidentally I'm doing a pic atm that needed a crack map and I painted one quite similar in Photoshop but this will be way better, thanks.
Glad it may help. I'll upload another version with less fractal and better masks for those that don't want to fiddle.

WAS

Revised v1.1, better crack masks imo and fractal settings. Course I'd advise you to change all this to suit your scenes, naturally.

pclavett

Thanks very much for sharing !
Paul

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

RichTwo

As I really like using this clip in my otherworldly scenes, the one thing I felt could be done to expand its usefulness would be to have differently sized versions.  So I cobbled this clip together using WAS's original .tgc.  The way the cracks crisscross kind of reminds me of the Galilean moon Europa.  

Use and abuse as you wish!
They're all wasted!

Hannes

Cool! The mix looks really great!!

Kadri

Looks good.