God Rays Test File

Started by WAS, August 04, 2018, 02:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Just playing around with god rays.

Like I had originally surmised, using the sharpness seems a better approach. You have whole integers to gauge your god rays on rather than decimal places that are overly sensitive.

Additionally, upping density for god rays impacts render time a lot more, since we care about such things even when negligible. At similar density to sharpness, or even just a bit denser, render time hits the 7 minutes or 9 minutes mark.

Also like I had mentioned, streaking is better with sharpness, as density actually makes the streaks denser and gradient out with other rays more, giving you smoother god rays.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Good to know.  Thanks for the tip/suggestion!
Derek

N-drju

You can really enhance the quality of god rays by increasing atmo samples to very high values like 124 (surprisingly, not very render - heavy) and / or applying "deffer atmo" option.

I remember I also did some research where adding four sunlights while keeping atmo samples low produced wonderfully smooth god rays too.

It is one of those TG effects that may be achieved with no set guidelines but rater through lots of methods and all are equally good!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"