Multi-Layered Clouds

Started by WAS, June 06, 2018, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Multi-Layered Clouds example using a single v3 cloud layer.

This uses a base density fractal, and a base depth modulator to be used as surface layers children and breakup. This, with customize-able bottom and top falloff, can create near-perfect mocks of a default vanilla v3 cloud layer, or some interesting effects with larger, or tighter falloffs.

The preview has post colour, leveling, fake AO, and bloom to entice you to download.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Stormlord

Very cool stuff, THX for sharing!

STORMLORD

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Very cleaver!  I'll have to give this a go.  ;)

WAS

Thank you! And also in case it isn't obvious, you can do different density fractals per layer for different types of clouds. The only thing that's uniform is cloud layer settings but with fiddling a single layer could achieve a whole scenes cloud levels in one layer. You can use the same method for final densities as well.

sboerner

WAS

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 06, 2018, 09:33:56 PM
Multi-Layered Clouds example using a single v3 cloud layer.

This uses a base density fractal, and a base depth modulator to be used as surface layers children and breakup. This, with customize-able bottom and top falloff (altitude fuzzy zone), can create near-perfect mocks of a default vanilla v3 cloud layer, or some interesting effects with larger, or tighter falloffs.

The preview has post colour, leveling, fake AO, and bloom to entice you to download.

Woops that was suppose to be an edit to original post.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Very clever. Thanks for sharing.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: Hannes on June 23, 2018, 09:35:28 AM
Very clever. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for teaching me how to correctly spell "clever."  I have been spelling it like the knife all these years.  haha!

Derek

pclavett

Thanks again for the shares Jordan !
Paul