Bounding Box...

Started by choronr, October 10, 2007, 02:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

It would be great if there were other means of moving the bounding box without losing your point of view. I struggle with placing objects (vegetation) on the terrain. Mostly, the plants are floating in the air although the x, y, z duplicates the camera (except the 'y' which I set at zero. You guys at Planetside must find another way to set objects on the terrain ...the current method is madness!

Bob

Oshyan

We're certainly aware of the need to improve object placement and will be working on this for future updates.

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan for being on the spot. I look forward to being able to create scenes in at least a week; not several weeks as it is now.

Bob

Cyber-Angel

In future (If not Difficult, and development time permitting) would it be possible to have objects such as populations and such load relative to the current camera position so you don't have to lose your composition by having to move the camera back to position 0,0,0? You would have an option that says position population/ object (Context Sensitive) to current camera position.

Regards to you

Cyber-Angel         

Oshyan

This is one of many options we'd like to add. I'm not sure when it will be possible to include, but we'll likely add it at some point in the future.

- Oshyan

sonshine777