Reset parameters values

Started by bsm3d, October 26, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsm3d

Hello,

I think the request is not hard to do, can you please add a "Reset to Default values" option for the coordinates, altitude, etc

eg. For coordinates numeric fields you can Copy / Paste coordinates, adding a "Reset to Default values" option can help to quickly restore orignale values.

Best,
BSM

WAS

Quote from: bsm3d on October 26, 2018, 03:07:17 PM
Hello,

I think the request is not hard to do, can you please add a "Reset to Default values" option for the coordinates, altitude, etc

eg. For coordinates numeric fields you can Copy / Paste coordinates, adding a "Reset to Default values" option can help to quickly restore orignale values.

Best,
BSM

Not sure I follow. Original value is just 0,0,0 for most everything. Altitude (Y) is a custom input for everything besides.

Do you mean the inputs specifically on the cloud layers per the type of cloud it is from generation?

bsm3d

Hello,
Thanks for reply !

For all values, coordinates is just an Eg.

I know some values is just zero, but it's faster to reset 3 at one :) or better a "back to previous values"

Why I asking that? Because my students make try / error to test params etc and sometime they asking me how to back to default or previous values...Undo is working of course but you cant Undo specific value without undo all work in between, or if you prefer a kind of photoshop History...

And if you know where or how-to, we don't found Auto-Backup every N minutes, does this exist  in tg4?

Regards,
Bsm

ajcgi

Something like Nuke's Set Knobs to Default perhaps? Right-click on a panel and you get this.
[attach=1]

sboerner

I second this. Maya has a similar reset option on most command and attributes panels. Provides a certain comfort level when trying a lot of things.

Terragen's undo history panel is terrific but sometimes you just want to reset a node, not go back to a previous application state.

Sometimes I duplicate nodes before experimenting, so I can swap the copy back in to restore the starting values.

WAS

There could easily be a feature added to simply store input fields as a separate tag.

<terragen_clip>
   <constant_scalar
      name = "Constant scalar 01"
      gui_use_node_pos = "1"
      gui_node_pos = "-460 1140 0"
      gui_group = ""
      enable = "1"
      input_node = ""
      gui_use_preview_patch_size = "0"
      gui_preview_patch_size = "1000 1000"
      scalar = "0.5"
      previous_scalar = "0.25"
      >
   </constant_scalar>
</terragen_clip>

Within TG there could easily be a button with a previous icon that would simply roll-back to that previous setting.

Note to Oshyan/Matt: You cannot post TG XML in Code tags, it says the body of the post is empty if you do, even with plenty of text present besides code tag.