New series of river works

Started by Dune, September 22, 2018, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Two new poses, and a variety of antlers, in a little test I did. I hope (one day) it will be possible to load a complete set of object parts belonging to eachother as one pop, and mask out some parts. I tried world opacity for the antlers (2 sizes within the object), but 1. that could delete only part of an antler, and 2. it doesn't work on world scale. So I had to resort to 3 pops, with the same seed, and a mask to enable one, or the other, or none. But I hate to do that with 8 poses  :(

And another first setup for a river eroding a large sandbank.

mhaze

DocCharly65

Nice combination of a group of random running but belonging to each other animals! Great!

Dune

Thanks. I quickly painted a mask, combined with RGB mask to spread these 2 pops. But it's hard to avoid overlaps despite the masks, and still get tight ranks. Let alone with 8 poses...

j meyer

You can always say those are genetical aberrations/mutations. ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on November 06, 2018, 01:41:27 PM
You can always say those are genetical aberrations/mutations. ;)

ha h ha
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

My client is a uni professor, I'm sure he'll fall for it  ;D

WAS

Quote from: Dune on November 05, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
Thanks. I quickly painted a mask, combined with RGB mask to spread these 2 pops. But it's hard to avoid overlaps despite the masks, and still get tight ranks. Let alone with 8 poses...

Have you tried using the same seed and changing the variation scale to "Push off" the second pop from the first pops spacing variation? Coupled with the distribution mask it may work to keep them away from each other based on an actual scale.

Dune

I didn't use the variation scale, but did shift the whole pop a meter or so; that also works. I will dive into this again soon. Wish there were a way to rotate instances by mask or some sort of vector stuff, so animals will follow eachother in curving lines... But perhaps I will just need to spend an hour or so editing instances (which already is a great feature of TG).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2018, 03:06:52 AM
.. But perhaps I will just need to spend an hour or so editing instances (which already is a great feature of TG).

when it works, I find editing locking up/not functioning on this old DELL but that may be due to RAM.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Rotating by mask is planned for the future.

- Oshyan

Dune

Ah! Good to know, thanks Oshyan.

Dune

Simple beaver lodge by stone pop. ;)

WAS

Quote from: Dune on November 14, 2018, 12:01:15 PM
Simple beaver lodge by stone pop. ;)

Wow Ulco, that's rather clever. Just elongated stones and some texture work?

Oshyan

What!? Hah, that's brilliant. You need to share that here, or at least on NWDA.

- Oshyan