Rain (Again)

Started by WAS, October 28, 2018, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

So I wanted to make some localized rain that drops off to haze (distant rain), however, for some odd reason, even with a Y stretch off 100 on the fractal, and even a post 100 stretch on Y with a transform input, I am still getting just dots, no stretched out rain.

What am I obviously doing wrong that somehow eludes me?

cyphyr

Try increasing the cloud density and/or edge sharpness.
:)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

Quote from: cyphyr on October 28, 2018, 03:21:47 PM
Try increasing the cloud density and/or edge sharpness.
:)

Hmm, it's already at sharpness 1 density 1? Maybe scale is too low for cloud settings... I did actually model these to raindrop size. at about 1 centimeter.

Hmm, tried little more density and upped scale and I just got hard like snow noise. Also CTD trying to abort it xD

WAS

Hahaha! I had already searched for it and found it  a few minutes ago! Thanks a lot. The one thing I'm confused about, is how your scale is only a step really above mine, so the only thing I can think of is the my offset was too great for "small streaks" and somehow interferes with stretch on Y.

bla bla 2

If, I was you, I would do with the grass object of terragen base. And, I added to several levels of grass.

Si, j'étais toi, je ferai avec le grass objet de base de terragen. Et, j'en ajouterai à plusieurs niveau de grass.

WAS

You mean a floating population? I hadn't thought of that.

bla bla 2

WAS

I'm curious how it turns out, do you have any examples? I may experiment.

bla bla 2

Comme ça.  :)

WAS

Wow that's not bad. I'd want smaller rain steaks. I tried doing this last night with heavily displaced terrain to try and get the objects about but TG kept crashes on me trying to fiddle with pops.

I guess free floating would be best and just do a couple pops. Not the best solution for me on freeware but I like the idea. Especially the idea of the glass/water shader.

bla bla 2

You have the version free ? I understand better, i don't know make othery. After I have other cloud for it, also.

Vous avez la version gratuit ? Je comprend mieux, je ne sais pas faire autrement. Après, il y a des nuages à faire autrement, aussi.

WAS

Yeah it is probably the best approach for me (clouds). However still interested in this method, and thanks for sharing.

Oui, c'est probablement la meilleure approche pour moi (nuages). Cependant toujours intéressé par cette méthode, et merci pour le partage