property rights

Started by cmcc, November 23, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmcc

My grandson wants to make Youtube videos. If I get a monthly commercial version of Terragen and we make a few during this time, do we have commercial rights to these videos for all time?

WAS

Quote from: cmcc on November 23, 2018, 03:12:33 PM
My grandson wants to make Youtube videos. If I get a monthly commercial version of Terragen and we make a few during this time, do we have commercial rights to these videos for all time?

As long as the sequence was rendered while the subscription is active for commercial use, yes.

KlausK

cmcc:
I suggest you ask that someone from planetside directly, just to be safe.
You find contact infos on their website.
Not that I think WASasquatch might be wrong, but it`s a tricky business... ;)
For me all those `Terms of License` are way too technical that I could fully understand everything these papers say.
CHeers, Klaus

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

WAS

It's been answered numerous times, including from my own questions.

This just a few days ago:

Quote from: Matt on November 21, 2018, 10:52:05 AM
Quote from: archonforest on November 21, 2018, 04:56:40 AM
One question here.
For example I want to render an image bigger than 5000px but my Creative version not letting me. So the solution for my problem could be that I pay for the PRO version for a month, render my picture and after the month is over I simple continue with my stable Creative version?
Is this a possibility?

Yes, you can do that.

Additionally, my question was using my freeware version of my TGD's and rendering them on a render farm that was licensed, if they could be used, and I was told "As long as the render farm itself is licensed, than yes."

Oshyan

WAS is correct. We of course would love if you subscribe for a longer time or purchase a perpetual license, but the intention of subscription licenses is to increase flexibility. Hopefully this can give access to people like yourself who may not have enough need to justify a full perpetual license - and thus would have been a lost sale previously - but would still want to use Terragen sometimes, at the right price.

- Oshyan