New challenge

Started by Dune, November 09, 2018, 06:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

That was easily solved; replaced footprints image map, and rendered a crop.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 13, 2019, 08:17:15 AM
That was easily solved; replaced footprints image map, and rendered a crop.

now authentic...good stuff and thankfully a fast fix..less displacements without the tread lug depressions I'd imagine as well.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Looks good in the "fixed" version Ulco. And yes those are overall reasonable render settings, certainly. I think if it were me I might try using Defer All with much lower Soft Shadow samples (e.g. 1), but it would require some tuning to get to the same render time. Once you did quality would probably be higher (at equivalent time), but it's hard to say for sure.

- Oshyan

Dune

I may try that, as I believe the shadows under the boats and between grasses would be much better. Btw. that rendertime of 19h didn't apply to the previously posted crop; the whole thing was 5040x2250px.

DocCharly65

If noone would have mentioned it, I wouldn't have seen it but in fact the new footsteps are much more plausible :)

Dune

Anyway, here's a new setup. I partly rendered in PT (the colored part). I like the water, and the veggies come out a bit better. Used a 1 sample soft shadow instead of the 6 samples in RT mode.

sboerner

There's our friend the heron.

I'm sorry that you aren't able to share the entire scene. What you've shown so far has an amazing level of detail.

DocCharly65

Quote from: sboerner on January 14, 2019, 12:19:15 PM
There's our friend the heron.

I'm sorry that you aren't able to share the entire scene. What you've shown so far has an amazing level of detail.

dito!

otakar

Oh my god, this will be another killer scene! And your crops from the dike, man, unbelievable detail! Love the improved human models are well.

Oshyan

Yeah, PT water really looks great, even without transparency (in many cases anyway; sometimes you need it of course, and that will be possible in the future).

- Oshyan

Dune

Rendered a complete 1920px image yesterday in PT. Here's a comparison of part of it. Water is at default (0.01), so I guess that could be a tad 'sharper". I'll have to wait until the transparency works, though.

DocCharly65

I am not sure because of this cheap monitor here in office... the right one looks a bit like having better contrasts. Is it the PT version?

Very nice scene besides! As usual I could watch all the details for hours :)

Dune

Strangely, it's the other way round. Left is PT, right is standard RT rendered. You can see it mainly in the water.

Oshyan

Interesting result. Did you do *any* post processing on these?

- Oshyan