Thank You Rich2

Started by bobbystahr, January 17, 2019, 01:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

nice update bobby!
(if you need a high res render let me know)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on January 18, 2019, 10:38:43 AM
nice update bobby!

I certainly will..some suggestions to implement first...maybe by Sunday I'll have it render-able.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 18, 2019, 10:42:27 AM
Quote from: archonforest on January 18, 2019, 10:38:43 AM
nice update bobby!

I certainly will..some suggestions to implement first...maybe by Sunday I'll have it render-able.
;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Following Dune/Ulco's cues I got this one. had a CTD 3 times before I got this to a renderable state
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Much better, Bobby! The light is now much better and supports the mysterious atmosphere!

Dune

Yes, Nils, is right. It 's mysterious. But for reality I still think the shrub should be darker, and perhaps less shiny stones. Reminds me of some Scottish highlands terrain.

DocCharly65

Ok Ulco, I agree, but what would you think about only making the shrubs in the foreground darker? The slightly glowing of the ones in the background seems nice to me.

What do you mean, Bobby? Do you have the patience to divide the shrubs population into two - one in the background same as now and one in the foreground with very dark shrubs?

Dune

If you want that, just multiply by a distance shader.

DocCharly65

...now lets wait! I am curious about your decision and solution, Bobby :)

bobbystahr

Well I'm afraid this is another in the queue for the Corsair as I mentioned 3 CTD incidents getting it this far and I start to lose patience and switch to guitar to cleanse my palette so to speak. And that's it for 3D on that day. Good thing I'm not doing this as work...maybe not cuz if I was I could afford the fix and maintenence update...sigh...the life of a retiree....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New