Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

All very good but the last one is my favorite!

Martin

More renders.

mhaze

Really like these, dramatic and beautiful colours.

Martin

The background moon up close

cyphyr

These are excellent!
Some of the terrain only ones (close ups) have a very photographic "look" to them. Are you using much post processing to get that?
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Martin

Quote from: cyphyr on January 27, 2019, 01:03:01 PM
These are excellent!
Some of the terrain only ones (close ups) have a very photographic "look" to them. Are you using much post processing to get that?

Depends on the picture.
I often render with low contrast then tweak it in photoshop. But I do different things everytime, depending on the picture, and on what mood I want to achieve. MY only rule is to only do colour correction and no other manipulation like adding anything etc.
And a little film grain. As cameras have a unique way to capture light-be it on film or digital- I don't think it's cheating as terragen can't simulate these things.

Here's a more extreme example, with a strong contrast version.

Martin

Critiques, comments are welcome. :)

Some more exoplanet renders.
These have two suns, a small red one in front and some bigger bluish illuminating from the back.

Martin

More.

Martin

THat moon is getting closer and closer

Martin

Previous renders.

sboerner

Wow, just gorgeous. The DOF and slight grain that you add really enhance the in-camera effect . . . if it weren't for the unearthly (and brilliant) colors and subject matter, you'd swear they were photographs.

DocCharly65

All very realistic in my eyes. I like especially the DoF in the last one.

Martin

Quote from: sboerner on January 29, 2019, 01:51:29 PM
Wow, just gorgeous. The DOF and slight grain that you add really enhance the in-camera effect . . . if it weren't for the unearthly (and brilliant) colors and subject matter, you'd swear they were photographs.

Thanks,I actually stopped using the DOF effect as I overdid it in the past, but yeah I like using some grain etc to add some slight photorealism.

Martin

DIfferent lighting conditions

luvsmuzik

Glad you are posting again, always inspirational stuff!