Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

So I'm trying to make a higher res version for a possible print later, but still changing the scene. I made partial test renders and didn't like th floating asteroid thing, so I changed to some floating orbs and monoliths, illuminated by a spotlight from above. Still experimenting.

sboerner

The amount of detail in this images is amazing. It should make an impressive print. Are these all sections of the same image? The first is my favorite – an homage to 2001? (And I assume that the proportions of the monolith are 1² x 2² x 3².)

Martin

Quote from: sboerner on February 03, 2019, 12:21:52 PM
The amount of detail in this images is amazing. It should make an impressive print. Are these all sections of the same image? The first is my favorite – an homage to 2001? (And I assume that the proportions of the monolith are 1² x 2² x 3².)

Yes, I'm glad you caught that:)

I absolutely love 2001, and my favourite writer is Sir Arthur C. Clarke. His works had a big influence on me.

Oh and also yes, all part of the same test render.

So during the last test render I took the planetary ring out, less ORB illumination, more focused spot light.

Martin

Question, which version do you prefer? I'd like to make a higher res render when possible, but not sure about if I want to use orbs, no orbs, or the floating rock there etc. Which one works better for you?

Martin

Kadri

Nice series of renders here. I think i said it before but i like especially the lighting, colouring in your images.

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on February 12, 2019, 12:13:56 AM

Nice series of renders here. I think i said it before but i like especially the lighting, colouring in your images.

Thanks. Yeah, I like experimenting with lighting and colours.

Martin

More

mhaze

Martin

Quote from: mhaze on February 13, 2019, 10:41:59 AM
Terrific!
Thanks!:)

More of the older renders from last year

Jo Kariboo

Very nice. I think you have so many that you forget you've already posted them. The last three were posted on February 2 (same titles, same images). Anyway, it doesn't matter, you have a lot of talent and good ideas! I really like your pictures!

Martin

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on February 13, 2019, 09:35:56 PM
Very nice. I think you have so many that you forget you've already posted them. The last three were posted on February 2 (same titles, same images). Anyway, it doesn't matter, you have a lot of talent and good ideas! I really like your pictures!

Opps, good catch. Sorry, I have dozens of older renders I haven't posted yet,  kinda got mixed up.

Martin

another render  crop

Martin

main render