Robot games

Started by Hannes, March 21, 2019, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

"the robust adaptive sampler"  I can't find this but I'm versions behind...is this a new feature?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

It's quite new, but it should be under "Render/Edit sampling" of actual versions.

Matt

The result from Robust Adaptive is more correct. The legacy sampler undersamples some dark parts and makes them even darker.

Please try it again with the latest build in the Alpha Test area. I've made some improvements to the Robust Adaptive Sampler which should make it faster, and it also uses data gathered by the robust adaptive sampler to optimise the path tracer.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

I must be way back as I see it not in 4.1.25
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Matt

Robust adaptive sampling was new in 4.3. It's still designated a beta feature. It wasn't always a clear win in 4.3, but it works much better in 4.4.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on March 23, 2019, 11:21:35 PM
Robust adaptive sampling was new in 4.3. It's still designated a beta feature. It wasn't always a clear win in 4.3, but it works much better in 4.4.

as I noted I'm a bit behind in maintenance versions...slow period for fixed income pensioners...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Great work - I don't have the patience to sort out all those textures! I have maintenance (I think) but only 4.3 is 4.4 not out yet?

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on March 24, 2019, 05:46:11 AM
Great work - I don't have the patience to sort out all those textures! I have maintenance (I think) but only 4.3 is 4.4 not out yet?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sjefen

I would never have guessed this was rendered in Terragen. I love it!

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Terje! I love to try out unusual stuff in TG. And with the path tracer materials are getting more and more realistic!