Obj issues

Started by midnight.mangler, March 19, 2019, 03:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on March 27, 2019, 09:46:28 AM
Asterlil, what Bobby said. I run almost each and every object, I want to use in TG, through Poseray, go to "Groups" and recalculate normals. Most of the time this fixes such normals problems.

exactly
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Asterlil

Yeah! That's what fixed the problem. Thanks to all you entities for helping solve this problem. Now on to the next!  :D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Asterlil on March 27, 2019, 06:20:00 PM
Yeah! That's what fixed the problem. Thanks to all you entities for helping solve this problem. Now on to the next!  :D

Exactly what this forum does best...solve thru teaching...happy it's worked out. It's a very nice building...was it a freebie?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Asterlil

I created it in Blender. It's a dojo, or the shell of one for .obj purposes. A dream dojo.  :) But I'd be willing to share it after I reinstate the interior finish -- I stripped it down rather ruthlessly while I was headbutting this normals problem.

Interior views, one of the school room and one of the lobby with an xfrog azalea bonsai and my Poser guy, Manny:

The portraits on the wall are Hironori Ohtsuka, the founder of Wado-Ryu Karate-Do and his student Tatsuo Suzuki 10th Dan Hanshi, who propagated the art to the West. I had the privilege of being taught by him on a number of occasions.

bobbystahr

Even better! It's a beautiful model and woo hoo if you do share it. I'm having a hard time with oriental stuff I find as it's often badly converted max stuff.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd