Chinese Castle/House

Started by bobbystahr, March 29, 2019, 10:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Yesterday's time waster...found this Chinese Castle/House while looking for something else entirely and made a home for it..out of boredom.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Bobby, I feel that you get more and more the master of idyllic places ;)

Nice start!

A little suggestion if it works for you too: The foundations look like a bit too fast repeating textures... If I find to repetitive textures in a model I sometimes locate the object part in poseray, go to materials > UV and cut the UV scale in half or quarter scale and try to find a different better looking or higher scaled texture. Sometimes this works.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on March 29, 2019, 12:30:42 PM
Bobby, I feel that you get more and more the master of idyllic places ;)

Nice start!

A little suggestion if it works for you too: The foundations look like a bit too fast repeating textures... If I find to repetitive textures in a model I sometimes locate the object part in poseray, go to materials > UV and cut the UV scale in half or quarter scale and try to find a different better looking or higher scaled texture. Sometimes this works.

the real trick is to find an appropriately sized texture in the first place and as I have no idea how large or what type of stone they'd have used I settled on that for the time being..will fix that when I find out what they actually used.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

..according to google images...here's the current iteration.Also replaced the pines from when I thought it was Chinese, with Beech as apparently Japan is 66% primordial Beech forest.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Nice work on the texture! Great improvement. Really liking this one. Maybe add a thin layer of cirrus clouds to soften the light a bit?

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on March 30, 2019, 01:29:29 PM
Nice work on the texture! Great improvement. Really liking this one. Maybe add a thin layer of cirrus clouds to soften the light a bit?

Actually that's on the todo list, and thanks man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on March 30, 2019, 01:29:29 PM

tried a cirrus layer but didn't like it much but having better luck with taking Light exposure in the Camera down to 0.5
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New