Kinda Mars?

Started by Kadri, April 02, 2019, 08:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

It looked a little kinda like the fake coloured Mars photos to me.
Not sure what to add to this one so i posted it as it is.

I am working on a little different one now.

Matt

This looks great. Is something like this possible with one of the TGDs you shared recently?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Interesting terrain. It's hard to see the scale though, so maybe something should indeed be added. Marsrover?

René

The shapes and colours are spot-on. The stones have the unpolished surfaces that you often see in Mars photos.

DocCharly65

I absolutely agree with René and I also like the idea of Ulco to get an imagination of scale.
Cool render!

Kadri

Thanks all.

*Ulco i had something like a fossilized astronaut or similar in my mind. But couldn't find a spot i like for this.
  Looked more like an image that only Terragen-rock fans would like. And this was more like a rock test.

*Matt i was nearly going to label this thread "rock study 2" as this is a continuation of that thread actually.
  But long threads don't get much attention after a while...at least not much replies.
  The basis and method (if you could say so because it is ridiculously basic) is similar but i used our (yours :) ) old lovely fakestones in this one.
  You can see the basis together with the nodes below. That was on a cube. The one above is on a normal landscape and just a little different.
  I will share the original thread image TGD file later too.

Hannes

Holy cow!!!! Kadri, this looks amazing! I can't tell you, which image I like most. Some of the best rock surfaces I've seen in TG I'd say!!

zaxxon

Words fail, stunning!

archonforest

Wow Kadri Wow!!
I love those rock formations.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 03, 2019, 07:24:09 AM
Holy cow!!!! Kadri, this looks amazing! I can't tell you, which image I like most. Some of the best rock surfaces I've seen in TG I'd say!!

Echo this...totally amazing
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

RichTwo

I'd say you are on track with the rocky displacements and their coloring.  The sandy, dusty surface is actually more reddish though.  Very nice concept and I like very much!
They're all wasted!

Kadri

Quote from: Rich2 on April 03, 2019, 04:58:26 PM
...The sandy, dusty surface is actually more reddish though...

Thanks. I looked ones more at the images i had in my mind and yes they are much more reddish indeed.

Oshyan

These are indeed superb! I think one of my favorites is test_06.jpg.

- Oshyan