Peace in the Darkness

Started by Ariel DK, April 09, 2019, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

Just trying to make an image that can transmit you some feelings...
The idea is a dark image, but preserving all the details, i think the image is still too much dark
C&C very welcome
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

Oh, I love the surreal quality of this!

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

ditto the others and nope, not too dark at all...just right!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Asterlil

"I wonder if it'll be friends with me?"

Trivia glory for identifying this quote.   :)

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Asterlil

Nope.

Anybody else?

(It's a wonderful image, by the way!)

DannyG

Quote from: Ariel DK on April 09, 2019, 10:58:25 AM
i think the image is still too much dark
C&C very welcome

I disagree, I think it would have less of an impact with out the deep shadows, well done
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

This is unique! Beautiful and surreal image. The first thing, that came into my mind was, that it would look even more surreal, if the upper part of the sky would look a bit like the underside of a sea surface.

Asterlil

"I wonder if it will be friends with me?" is the last thing the whale thinks as it plummets toward the surface of planet Magarathea, home of the planet-making business run by Slartibartfast. It's from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

Ariel DK

thanks guys :)

Quote from: DannyG on April 11, 2019, 07:13:19 AM

I disagree, I think it would have less of an impact with out the deep shadows, well done

You're right, seems like it was just my monitor, so i keeped the bright, add some little blur in the background, and some black edges in PS

Quote from: Hannes on April 11, 2019, 10:26:41 AM
This is unique! Beautiful and surreal image. The first thing, that came into my mind was, that it would look even more surreal, if the upper part of the sky would look a bit like the underside of a sea surface.

hey Hannes
I gave a chance to his idea last night, with a card i only get some strange artifacts, and even with a ss shader or a glass shader, i can't make that looks like underwater caustics, meanwhile, with a cloud, still need to change the atmos settings, specially their colours, to make it looks more realistic, otherwise the cloud looks like a strange net in the sky. i could have done some more tests, but i simply was sleepy... ;)

Quote from: Asterlil on April 11, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
"I wonder if it will be friends with me?" is the last thing the whale thinks as it plummets toward the surface of planet Magarathea, home of the planet-making business run by Slartibartfast. It's from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

There is also a movie, but i can't remind whales there ;D
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

mhaze

I love this - very evocative!

DocCharly65

No words for this ... only awesome amazement...
Great!