Architectural Rendering

Started by sjefen, April 20, 2019, 12:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Hi,

This is more like a test and proof of concept. The house is modeled
with Blender and is far from finished, but I'm really struggling with
Blender, so try to look past the model and texturing of the house.
Like I said, this is more like a test.

I know the scale is a little bit off, but this was just gonna be a simple test
and evolved a little more then planed.

I am working on another project with archonforest, but I need
to wait for the final TG 4.4 cause of some features I need for the project.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

mhaze

I like it. Wish I was living there.

Asterlil

Hello fellow Blenderer, I remember well what a challenge it was when I first started learning it. Three years on and there are still buttons I haven't clicked on yet in the interface.

Nice scene. That's interesting how you've positioned the boulder right next to the structure, as if the building is protected by it. Is the front door on the right, near the flowering tree?

Oshyan

It's great to see this kind of scene done in Terragen. The path tracer makes the results look a lot better, of course, but I knew it was always capable of it to a reasonable degree. This example now with PT is very good already, especially given the low relative detail of the model thus far (of course the "modernism" look is helpful for that, heh).

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves and what else you're experimenting with.

- Oshyan

sboerner

Very nice composition and great start on the model. Anyone who has the patience to learn Blender deserves a lot of respect. Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

DannyG

Nice, I literally have dozens of arch renders I did a few years ago. I need to dig them out and post some. Thanks for posting this 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Yes, it's looking very good already, so keep at it!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Nice one Terje, love the setting and you've set the model in it nicely...I myself still haven't installed Blender heh heh but maybe soon...seems to turn out good stuff.
Keep. On. Tweakin'.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Hannes

Fantastic rendering! The only thing that somehow looks odd to me is the size of the blossoming tree. It looks too small to my eyes.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 22, 2019, 04:45:33 AM
Fantastic rendering! The only thing that somehow looks odd to me is the size of the blossoming tree. It looks too small to my eyes.

Aha that's what was bugging me, those blossoming cherry trees should be tall enough to walk under at that stage of growth.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

sjefen

Thanks guys  :)

Quote from: Asterlil on April 20, 2019, 12:52:07 PM
Hello fellow Blenderer, I remember well what a challenge it was when I first started learning it. Three years on and there are still buttons I haven't clicked on yet in the interface.

Nice scene. That's interesting how you've positioned the boulder right next to the structure, as if the building is protected by it. Is the front door on the right, near the flowering tree?

Yeah.... it's really challenging, but it's fun at the same time  :)
The front door is not in that model. I've reworked a lot of the building and here's a screenshot from Blender of where I am with it now (without the roof).
I know the texturing is stupid, but I haven't figured it out yet. There are also no glass/windows in the model yet. Waiting for some of the new TG features  ;)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB