Souvenir d'enfance

Started by Antoine, May 06, 2019, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Hi,
I just finished this new Alpine scene. Mountains were done with Gaea. Rendering was done with the PT engine (4.4 version).  Micropoly detail at 6.5 / AA at 7. Rendering time : 2 hours and half.
David.

zaxxon

Another wonderful image, and a nice example of what Gaea can do at your hand as well.  I think your landscape work with TG and Blender and Vue are all outstanding, not only as digital images but as landscape art regardless of medium. A pleasure to view your work! Perhaps you might share with us your thoughts regarding working in the various software apps  in your gallery?

Stormlord

You got a nice lightning in the scene!
And the Gae Terrain looks very good.

STORMLORD

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Agree with zaxxon, suburb as always and a joy to view! Keep 'em coming mate....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Antoine

Thank you all!

QuotePerhaps you might share with us your thoughts regarding working in the various software apps  in your gallery?

Well, doing landscape in Blender is of course a lot different than in Terragen since contrary to Terragen which is a 3D landscape software, and a very powerful one, Blender is a "generalist" 3D software and a modeller. But I like using Blender too. As for Vue, I don't use it anymore.

David.

Dune

Wonderful landscape (again). Your eye for detail and realism (and drama) is very good, and I always like your work. Exquisite!
On another hand, it would be interesting to try and get these kind of mountains from within TG.

sjefen

Beautiful render!

Are the mountains multiple heightfields, or just one?

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

René

Great render! Nice rocks too, are they imported?

Antoine

Thank you all again !

QuoteOn another hand, it would be interesting to try and get these kind of mountains from within TG

I would be unable to do these moutains from within Terragen : all these blue nodes that would be necessary to use for such an undertaking are all mysteries for me. I still have a lot to learn.

QuoteAre the mountains multiple heightfields, or just one?

Yes they are done of four different heightfields.

QuoteNice rocks too, are they imported?

For the middle and small ones, yes. They are from "the rock essentials" from Blender Guru. The three other big ones (or rocky spur, I don't know how to translate this from French exactly) are made using rock brushes from the same package, I used the one where the camera stands with an image brush displacement painted shader.

David.

Hannes

It doesn't matter how you created those things, as long as it looks good. Fantastic image!

DocCharly65

Nice landscape and nice use of DoF.