old file now with path tracing

Started by Kevin F, May 13, 2019, 06:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Here's an updated old file with path tracing enabled.
I was never able to get this to render again without errors that looked like the rendering pattern that Path Tracing now gives
before the final image is produced i.e. big chunks of orange/red/yellow blocks. It was this that reminded me of the old problem, so I re-rendered with PT on and guess what; no problems at all.
This uses Danil Kamperov's original erosion plug in.

DannyG

Foreground looks nice and crispy. I loved the original. Keep them coming Kevin
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

N-drju

Damn, such a beauty! So much definition and depth here, a really nice render.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Wow! A great image.
Nevertheless there are two things that could be improved to my taste: the surface of the mountains below the snow is very dark. So the contrast between the snow and the surface is a bit too high, I'd say.
And then there's this cloud. It somehow looks dirty and not "real" enough, compared to the rest of the image.

Dune

Especially the front ice is awesome. Agree about the cloud. It's not needed anyway.

bobbystahr

Brilliant and I agree with Hannes and Dune re: the cloud
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kevin F

Thanks for the comments guys.
Here's one with the changes suggested. As nice as it is I still have a place for the original!
The path tracing gives the snowscape a really bright crisp look and is a big improvement I think.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kevin F on May 13, 2019, 05:10:24 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.
Here's one with the changes suggested. As nice as it is I still have a place for the original!
The path tracing gives the snowscape a really bright crisp look and is a big improvement I think.

nailed it...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

DocCharly65