Desultory Doodle

Started by bobbystahr, June 13, 2019, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

This was from way back and is based on the Antelope Valley DEM someone shared a link to years ago. Those are retextured round fescue from AP. To me this image and it's many test renders really exemplify finding the correct sun position being key to a good image, and indeed adding character to the atmosphere. C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

This has a mysterious feel to it that I really like. The washed out colour is also interesting and different. Not sure about the very low cloud though.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on June 14, 2019, 04:51:37 AM
This has a mysterious feel to it that I really like. The washed out colour is also interesting and different. Not sure about the very low cloud though.

Thanks Mick, wasn't sure about the clouds but without them 'sitting' on the ground like that I lost the atmospheric mood.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

It has really something surreal. But somehow I like it... after PinkFloyd "The Wall" this must be the secretly recorded album "The Beach" :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 15, 2019, 11:05:18 AM
It has really something surreal. But somehow I like it... after PinkFloyd "The Wall" this must be the secretly recorded album "The Beach" :)

thanks and ha ha ha re: Pink Floyd comment
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New