Melted Canyon

Started by Katooza, June 21, 2019, 02:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katooza

Hello There.

i've been working with terragen for about a month.
after many desperate attempts i now know a little what i'm doing XD

This is my first reasonable render using terragen 4.

you will surely see some renderings of me here in the near future, as i am still a beginner.

i have a lot of fun working with terragen and to seeing his own little progresses.

i'm very interested in your feedback, so please tell me what you think about it. it's amazing what kind of works can be seen here from the experienced terragen users.

ps: sorry for my bad english, i come from germany  ::)

DannyG

Welcome, overlay is well implemented on that beautiful terrain, nice crisp render. I look forward to more !!
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Katooza

Quote from: DannyG on June 21, 2019, 03:27:10 PM
Welcome, overlay is well implemented on that beautiful terrain, nice crisp render. I look forward to more !!

Thank you for this.
but, i used photoshop to make the picture look so crisp in post-processing. the rendering what came out of terragen was not so. also the renderings are very pale or without contrast.

DannyG

Quote from: Katooza on June 21, 2019, 03:36:25 PM
Quote from: DannyG on June 21, 2019, 03:27:10 PM

Thank you for this.
but, i used photoshop to make the picture look so crisp in post-processing. the rendering what came out of terragen was not so. also the renderings are very pale or without contrast.

Depending on the version you are using Terragen is very capable of making a very crisp renders - low atmo haze, High AA values, Defer atmo (raytraced) as well as adding contrast and DOF inside Terragen.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Welcome and my compliments for your first render after just a month's TG work. Nice clouds too. If you have any questions, there's quite a few people here willing to answer them. Dissecting files shared and reading older threads on specific subjects (use search function) is very helpful in the learning process.
Above all; have fun!

Hannes

Hi and welcome! This is indeed quite a good start. Hope to see more by you soon.

Stormlord

Yes, welcome also from my side here in the Forum.
I have started the same way. So just take you time to make yourself familiar with all the options inside Terragen.
And for a 1 month beginner, your picture is a good start. Just keep on tweeking!

STORMLORD
(Bin übrigens auch aus Deutschland)

raymoh

Hello and welcome Katooza, I'm also german-speaking. Like DannyG mentioned, you can get more "realistic" impressions by experimenting with the render-settings itself.

Sorry for that, guys: Don't crucify me for this little translation.

Hallo und Willkommen Katooza. Wie Du siehst, bin ich auch deutschsprachig. Wie von DannyG erwähnt, erhältst Du bessere Ergebnisse, wenn Du mit den Atmosphären- und Render-Einstellungen herumspielst. So habe auch ich am meisten gelernt und lerne immer noch.

"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

bobbystahr

Welcome from me as well...that's a lovely first render and leads me to think only more of these will come from you...keep on keepin' on
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Welcome.
Very nice render.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Katooza

thanks for all the positive feedback, of course i will continue to deal with various settings, especially your hints regarding the atmo settings.

greetings und Grüße :)