All PBR terrain scene

Started by bobbystahr, July 03, 2019, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

To be honest only 2 PBR's were involved, one called rock low for the stony areas and [4K]tiles20 for the pipeline road
a google search under those names ought to find them.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72921/related/11/Poser/Bruckner-Typhoon-Model-C68-Aircar

for the aircar
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

That looks pretty good! The background rock (rock low I'm assuming) looks pretty darn good. I imagine a fractal warp shader at a low scale would add some missing details to the "rounded" parts of the displacement.

Nice work.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 03, 2019, 03:40:46 PM
That looks pretty good! The background rock (rock low I'm assuming) looks pretty darn good. I imagine a fractal warp shader at a low scale would add some missing details to the "rounded" parts of the displacement.

Nice work.

rounded parts of which area?
Bearing in mind this is what you requested earlier Jordan...an all PBR textured terrain.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 03, 2019, 07:30:14 PM

Nice work.

Bearing in mind this is what you requested earlier Jordan...an all PBR textured terrain.

The smooth portions of the displacement of the PBR missing low-level detail.

I've discovered with PBRs, you actually have to do a series of displacement maps, and mix them together. Large shapes, medium, and than fine detail of the stone/object. Mixing the maps according to intensity.

This is where a lot of approximated PBRs loose quality is the artist only provides displacement for the large shapes of the image.

Also, yes I noticed! Thank you, that's why I clicked on it when I saw it. Was excited.

I'll make a post on PBR displacement detail in discussion.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 03, 2019, 08:38:08 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 03, 2019, 07:30:14 PM

Nice work.

The smooth portions of the displacement of the PBR missing low-level detail.

I've discovered with PBRs, you actually have to do a series of displacement maps, and mix them together. Large shapes, medium, and than fine detail of the stone/object. Mixing the maps according to intensity.

This is where a lot of approximated PBRs loose quality is the artist only provides displacement for the large shapes of the image.

Also, yes I noticed! Thank you, that's why I clicked on it when I saw it. Was excited.

I'll make a post on PBR displacement detail in discussion.

Not understanding, so here's the .tgd...I'll send you the texture zips
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New