bobbystahr

This worked out kinda good so I'll post it and read the critiques avidly
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

I love the mountain. I can see a cool adventure movie taking place here. Not very fond with the trees though. Not sure what is the problem. First I tough they should be smaller and way more dense... Then their very light vivid green is a bit sticking out from the scene imho. 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

Yeah guys my thoughts eggs-aclkey...went too crazy on the Colour variation ...should be dialed way back. Will have a go at resizing down and mess with the variation aspect as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Fixed a buncha stuff I wasn't happy with in concert with previous comments and here's the UPDATE, plus added a bush pop.
Took a fair bit longer for some reason though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Thanks Atilla, the river btw is simply a Painter shader used to displace the river and then to also displace the water in the shader stack so I have a river running down hill.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

RichTwo

I have been interested in this one.  Vortex warp on terrain. Maybe...  Not sure how you arrived with your results here with the vertical displacements...  Yeah - you got me thinking,,, Thanks, Bobby!
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Rich2 on July 23, 2019, 05:41:13 PM
I have been interested in this one.  Vortex warp on terrain. Maybe...  Not sure how you arrived with your results here with the vertical displacements...  Yeah - you got me thinking,,, Thanks, Bobby!

If you'd like to look it over I could send you the base .tgd minus textures and objects.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Here's a little doodle, Rich. Hope it inspires you again!

RichTwo

Thanks for the share, Ulco - and Bobby: feel free to post yours in File Sharing for all to have a look. 

Many times I take pieces from others' shares and stitch them together in a Frankenstein-ian kind of way.  It's kind of hit-and-miss because I don't really know what I'll get.
They're all wasted!