Park Sidewalk Example Project

Started by WAS, July 26, 2019, 12:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Here is an example project showing how to build a Park Sidewalk system in Terragen.

I didn't enable the populations when I rendered overnight, and left PT on so glass isn't translucent. Oops. Not like i was packing the vegetation models anyway so w/e.

This package I would consider intermediate just by the logic used for the sidewalk (it can be easy to forget about the warping when adding/subtracting from it; and dealing with the masks and leveled ground), so if you are confused or stuck, don't hesitate to ask. Additionally the lamp population isn't perfect, and sometimes double or blank posts appear and need to be edited manually (hence why I saved a pop to disk)

Package includes sidewalk assets, and the vintage lightpost by toivo from the Car Scene on Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/car-scene-b7b32eaca80d460c9338197e2c9d1408

Download Link: (3.2mb Gathered Project): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TMtM0_PHzjQK_hUU8j8ziS9GEPyQpiaK

CredePendrel

Dune

Cool, WAS. Especially curious about the warping of the stones (the perpendicular lines, that is).

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 26, 2019, 01:25:46 PM
Cool, WAS. Especially curious about the warping of the stones (the perpendicular lines, that is).

Do you mean the original stones I had in that used the Strata shader to try and achieve sedimentary rocks?  I believe I removed those for issues.

Most welcome, everyone. Hope it can show a trick or two for people to move forward with.

Dune

No, this. Warping a bend isn't hard at all, but having the warped perpendicular lines gather in a vanishing point on the horizon is. Worked a good deal on that, and it seems to work in your file. Seems! I'll check out what you did.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 27, 2019, 01:07:46 AM
... Seems! I'll check out what you did.

Yes, that's because it doesn't maintain dimensions, even with no variation in your perlin at all.

Ironically, with you pointing out those lines, take a look at the next line after your last yellow line on the right. It seems wrong in relation to the lamppost base, which is centered.

Perhaps my eye or camera but it seems a little to tilted inward towards the center of the path section.

Asterlil

Thanks, WASasquatch. I'm certainly not up to intermediate level yet, but this is now in my lesson plan.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

mhaze

WAS

You are all welcome.

To quote a answer I gave someone else: yes I did change the pavement color variation that in turn makes up the reflection details... I felt people could get there on there own. And to hint, all I did really was change min scale and colour roughness of one of the bae pavement shaders.

Sorry if that's shady..

CredePendrel

Shield Wulf

Thanks for sharing with us WAS. You are fantastic!
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is of utmost importance.

You are he who directs the sun ship of millions of years.......

Shield Wulf

Hey WAS, anybody,

This is a request for some learning and understanding concerning Terragen. I know I am way a beginner and have light years it seems to even get out of beginner mode. Can you or anyone else suggests to me how in the world can you learn something like this program that has so MANY options and nodes? When I look at the node network in this file you shared with us I am aghast at how many levels and sub levels there are. Are you data from Star Trek? OMG. I humbly bow at your feet. I know it's possible to learn this program because a lot of you here have shared wonderful scenes on this board. But please someone enlighten me on how to even get a solid foundation on how to work with the node network. Yeah, sure I can connect up nodes together, and thanks to the built-in logic of the program sometimes get something that looks like Jr High school art class. But I want to understand the logic of how the scene should be done right and not just haphazardly.

Thanks for your help now and in the future. I am not new to the 3D scene as I shared before I can work at a fair beginner level in programs like Blender, World Machine, World Creator, Vue xStream 2014, Daz Studio, Poser, Carrara and gimp and CS6.

Thanks for your time in reading my plea for understanding.
Randy
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is of utmost importance.

You are he who directs the sun ship of millions of years.......