I like Synthwave

Started by WAS, August 03, 2019, 12:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I'm not sure if anyone is into 80s and early 90s style Synth and Synthwave, but I really enjoy it. I especially like modern interpretations of it. I found some tracks off the Netflix anime "Devilman Crybaby" to be especially nice.

Do you like Synthwave? Do you have any favorite tracks to share?

archonforest

I like the 80s and also Synthwave.

Check out the band called KOTO. They had some very cool songs.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Asterlil

That's the first synthwave music I've heard, and I did like it, but I wondered whether the meter and rhythm are similar in all songs of this genre?

I go further back. I played this for one of my twenty-something aides and he thought it was techno, but it's more like New Wave -- I like the studio version better but can't find it. See the chapman stick?

WAS

Quote from: Asterlil on August 04, 2019, 12:20:10 AMThat's the first synthwave music I've heard, and I did like it, but I wondered whether the meter and rhythm are similar in all songs of this genre?

I go further back. I played this for one of my twenty-something aides and he thought it was techno, but it's more like New Wave -- I like the studio version better but can't find it. See the chapman stick?

King Crimson has some really unique sounds. I've always loved their music. In fact, one of my favorite bands did a cover of one of their songs that I also adore